JOB DESCRIPTION: Head Coach for Montgomery Bucks RFC
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- Accountable for coaching and leadership of the Division II Senior Men’s Team
- At least 3 years of coaching experience at a comparable level, with a track record of achievement.
- Level 200 or higher Coaching Certification from USA Rugby
- Strong communication, leadership and organizational skills with maturity that will earn the respect of adult athletes.
- References to vouch for these qualifications
- Willingness to commit to this role for a minimum of 2 years – preferably longer.
EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Elevate the rugby skills and IQ of the team and individual athletes.
- Lead the team in setting short and long-term goals and the development and execution of a plan to achieve them.
- Must be consistently available and present for scheduled practices, games and events.
- Collaborate with assistant coaches to design a practice plan for every practice and lead its preparation and execution.
- Lead a fair, consistent and transparent player selection process for all events.
- Accountable to the MBRFC board of directors, and must ensure men’s team vision, goals, and activities are aligned through the Director of Senior Rugby, and/or personally attending board meetings.
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for the health and safety of the athletes and good stewardship of all property owned or leased by MBRFC.
- Must ensure compliance with rules and regulations of governing bodies including USA Rugby, EPRU, MAC, and MBRFC.
- Promote values unity and inclusion across all levels of MB Rugby
- Support the club’s youth programs, community events and fundraisers and ensure this is reinforced in the culture and values of the men’s team.